Hiring a link building SEO service can give you many benefits. Yet, searching for the best ones is a crucial task that requires your full focus in order to discern the right match for your website SEO needs.
In this article, I will give you the various red flags to avoid in getting a link building SEO service. The information here is very helpful to help your website get on the top rank in SERPs in your chosen niche.
Understanding Common Link Building SEO Service Red Flags
You may imagine your life having someone to take care of your site’s link building SEO service. This means you can have more time and focus doing the things you love and are great at. This is all about managing and growing your business. However, this does not always happen.
Here are some things that you need to watch out for when thinking of hiring a link building SEO service for your company.
One of the things website owners need to consider in getting a link building SEO service is the pricing terms. As they say, you just get what you pay for. So, make sure to do your research for reasonable prices of link building services included in the package.
Here are some of the areas in every link building SEO service that need your attention when it comes to pricing considerations.
- Writer – you need to pay a writer to create the content for your website and blog. If the writer comes from the SEO agency itself, then you have to deal with them directly.
- Publishing Fee – In link building outreach, site owners may charge hefty fees as they assume that every backlink is precious to you.
- Outreach Admin – You also need to pay for someone who will contact your target website, arrange the placement, and make sure it satisfies the specifications.
- Order Management – You also need to have someone to manage orders, do customer support on a 24/7 basis.
- Quality Control – Though not all service providers have this feature, this is a necessity. Reviewing the quality of each placement takes an average of 20 minutes.
Looking at these factors, a high-quality outreach based link will cost you between $170 to $300. This might surprise as there are cold emails that keep on telling you to order links from them for just $50 or even less. You can even find them in freelance marketplaces.
Beware of such offers as these just mean that you are actually buying guest posts coming from their private blog network. Or worse, you may have links that are already placed by hackers onto hacked sites to fool Google. The key here is to carefully balance your choices and budget to avoid falling into this number 1 trap in getting a quality link building SEO service.
Site Lists Sharing
Some SEO link service providers will allow you to see their available lists of sites you can buy for backlinks. You must avoid these providers at all costs. Though this might attract buyers or clients, this can put you at risk. Why? It’s because Google may be able to see the database of sites and penalize all sites in the list, including your website.
“Write for Us” Pages Site Linking
Most link building SEO service providers will just scrape Google for websites with “Write for Us” pages. They will then ask these websites if they can submit guest posts for free. Then, they post content to these sites, and they get the backlink they ever wanted.
The process is super easy as they get backlinks without any care nor spending some money. So, what’s the problem with these sites?
Here are some points to consider for sites with “Write for Us” pages.
- Spammed with irrelevant content
- Websites having “write for us” pages are solely built for link selling
- Heavily farmed sites
- Google devalues links from these sites and so they appear worthless
- Linked to questionable sites
Thus, look for a link building SEO service that blacklists all sites with “Write for Us” pages.
Zero Search Traffic Sites
Look for link building SEO service professionals with sites that Google trusts. This means that Google sends organic traffic to such websites because of its trust. Links from these sites that Google trusts are good to have and not those zero search traffic sites.
So, how do you solve the puzzle here? The best thing to do is to use SEO link builder tools such as SEMrush and Ahrefs to ensure the placement delivered by your link building service is on organic sites.
No Control Over Quality
Avoid hiring a link building SEO service without a quality control feature. Look for a reputable company that ensures quality for every link placement they make. Or you can choose to do it on your own manually.
Here are the questions you need to ask yourself in checking the link manually.
- Is it an evergreen content or a unique one?
- Does the placement page have no follow tag or meta noindex?
- Does it link to a site with a “write for us” page?
- Any mention if the placement content is a sponsored post or guest post?
- Is your link placed with such tags as ugc, sponsored, and nofollow?
These points may be basic, yet most link builders still fail to deliver, even professional ones. So, always make sure to include these important questions in ensuring quality control manually. This might require a few minutes of your precious time. However, the effort you put into it is all worth it!
The Bottom Line
Looking for a link building SEO service has its own benefits. However, website owners must be careful in such red flags to avoid issues such as pricing and its related terms, site lists sharing, having “write for us” pages, zero search traffic, and having no quality control factor. These are very crucial in growing your business and website credibility. So, make sure to get all of these key features for success in a reputable link building SEO service.