Search engine optimization backlink plays a vital role in determining your domain authority and in turn influencing your rank on SERPs. With Google placing a high premium on relevant backlinks, they are still relevant to your online success in 2023. But are all search engine optimization backlinks equally important?
Continue reading till the very end to understand the complete basics and their relevance to your online success.
Search engine optimization backlink: Basics
In the simplest terms, backlinks are hyperlinks from other websites that link back to your website. This allows new users to discover you and also helps Google crawl your website and index it higher on SERPs. There are a number of different types of Search engine optimization backlinks that can have a positive impact on your SEO efforts. Some of the main ones include
- Editorial backlinks: These backlinks are some of the most influential ones for your business. These backlinks are provided in the content of other websites when the source of certain information or data is needed to be linked. If your business is creating meaningful and unique content, chances are other businesses will be delighted to link back to your website, which can earn you high-quality search engine optimization backlinks.
- Guest post backlinks: There are plenty of high authority guest post platforms on the internet that is willing to publish a piece of content for you. Since these platforms have a very high online traffic, putting backlinks to your website on such guest posts can help you to redirect a chunk of their online traffic.
- Comment backlinks: While many might consider this to be spammy, if done right, comment backlinks can be a valuable tool to enhance SEO. Commenters are allowed to include a link back to their website. Offer meaningful thoughts and insights while commenting along with a link to your business. Such types of search engine optimization backlinks can help to redirect genuine traffic while also improving brand identity.
- Business listing backlinks: Listing your business on search engine pages like Bing or Google and getting them verified can help you to earn an easy but valuable backlink to your online business. Plus, this also enhances your online discoverability which in turn, enhances your brand awareness among users.
Want to see how I increased my online traffic with contextual link building? Watch this video:
While these types of search engine optimization backlinks have a positive influence on your online business, there are some types of backlinks that one should be avoiding. Not all backlinks are built the same you know?
Links that you should avoid.
- Bad links: Bad links refer to invalid or disavowed links that may have crept up on your website. Do a complete site audit using online SEO tools and weed out all such links from your website. Also, you can reach out to the webmasters of such sites who are linking back to your site and offer them the proper links that allow the right backlinking to your site.
- Paid links: Google and other search engines really love it when your website has earned backlinks. However, they strongly recommend against buying and selling links which can have a negative influence on your SEO efforts.
- No-follow links: Such types of links come with a “no follow” tag that signals search engine crawlers to ignore those links. While such links can help to an extent with SEO, it does not have the same impact as some of the more positive types of search engine optimization backlinks listed in the previous sections.
- Links from spammy links: When your website is linked with spammy websites, it sends quite a negative signal to search engine crawlers. Such websites often have a very low domain authority or are flagged by users as spammy. These links bottom out your SEO credibility which can diminish your link-building efforts.
Benefits of Search Engine Optimization Backlinks
To date, backlinks have played a critical role in determining your SEO viability and their relevancy does not seem to lose out in the foreseeable future. From enhanced SERP rankings to brand prominence, search engine optimization backlinks come packed with a ton of perks for your online business. Here are some of the benefits associated with proper backlinking.
- Enhanced SERP rankings: As we have probably mentioned a million times by now, search engine optimization backlinks help to enhance your ranking on search engines like Google or Bing.
- Drive more organic traffic: When your site is linked with high-authority websites that are relevant, you can take advantage of the traffic and redirect some your way when they click on your backlinks.
- Increased brand reputation: A great driver of brand reputation is high organic traffic. The more traffic you are able to redirect to your website, the more chances you have of making a sale.
All these sound a bit hectic for you. Want to rank on Google without link building? Know how
Search engine optimization backlinks held their value in the past and it is holding it now. With proper link building, online businesses can better their SEO efforts and make a lasting impression on their users. There are plenty of tools online that can help you to analyze, track and earn backlinks for your online business. Choose the one that suits your needs and focus on getting quality backlinks for your website and you should see those sales figures soaring high.