Are you struggling to get your Shopify store noticed online? With the help of SEO experts, you can increase your search traffic and reach new customers.
In this article, we’ll explore the top strategies and tips for optimizing your Shopify store for search engines and increasing your online visibility.
Table of Contents
The Importance of SEO Experts for Shopify Websites
Are you struggling to drive traffic to your Shopify website? Perhaps you’ve tried different marketing strategies, but nothing seems to work. Well, you’re not alone.
The truth is, getting your website noticed by search engines like Google requires expertise in search engine optimization (SEO).
In this article, we’ll take a look at the importance of SEO experts for Shopify websites and nine ways you can increase your search traffic.
Why You Need an SEO Expert for Your Shopify Website
Search engines use complex algorithms to rank websites based on different factors such as relevance, authority, and user experience.
Without an understanding of these factors, it’s almost impossible to optimize your website for search engines.
That’s where an SEO expert comes in.
An SEO expert has the skills and knowledge needed to ensure your website is visible to search engines, and that it meets their criteria for ranking.
SHOPIFY SEO: 9 WAYS TO INCREASE YOUR SEARCH TRAFFIC
1. Optimize Your Store’s Structure
One of the ways to improve your search traffic is by optimizing your store’s structure.
This involves making sure that your website is easy to navigate and has a clear hierarchy.
The structure of your website determines how easy it is for search engines to crawl and index your site.
SEO experts can help you to organize your site’s structure in a way that makes it easy for both search engines and users to find the content they’re looking for.
When optimizing your store’s structure, you need to pay attention to the following:
- Navigation: Make sure that your website has a clear and concise navigation structure. This will help users to find what they’re looking for easily.
- URLs: Use descriptive URLs that include your target keywords. This will help search engines to understand what your pages are about.
- Site architecture: Organize your website in a logical way. Use categories and subcategories to group related content.
By optimizing your store’s structure, you’ll make it easier for search engines to crawl and index your website. This will help to improve your search traffic and boost your online visibility.
2. Improve User Experience
Another way to increase your search traffic is by improving the user experience of your website. User experience (UX) refers to how users interact with your website.
If your website has a poor user experience, then visitors are likely to leave your site quickly, which will increase your bounce rate.
SEO experts can help you to improve your website’s UX by:
- Improving page speed: Slow-loading pages can be frustrating for users. SEO experts can help you to optimize your website’s speed.
- Designing for mobile: A significant percentage of internet users access the internet using their mobile devices. Therefore, it’s essential to have a website that’s mobile-friendly.
- Enhancing website usability: SEO experts can help you to improve your website’s usability. This involves making sure that your website is easy to use and understand.
By improving the user experience of your website, you’ll be able to retain visitors for longer, which will reduce your bounce rate.
This will help to improve your search traffic and boost your online visibility.
3. Research & Find The Right Keywords
Keywords are the foundation of SEO. The right keywords can help you to attract the right audience to your website.
SEO experts can help you to research and find the right keywords for your Shopify store. This involves:
- Conducting keyword research: SEO experts can help you to identify the keywords that your target audience is using to search for products or services similar to yours.
- Analyzing the competition: SEO experts can help you to analyze your competitors’ keywords and determine the ones that are driving traffic to their website.
- Using long-tail keywords: Long-tail keywords are more specific and targeted than short-tail keywords. SEO experts can help you to identify the long-tail keywords that are relevant to your business.
By researching and finding the right keywords, you’ll be able to optimize your website’s content for search engines. This will help to improve your search traffic and boost your online visibility.
Brainstorm Initial Keywords
To start optimizing your Shopify store for search engines, you need to brainstorm initial keywords that are relevant to your business.
These are the words or phrases that your potential customers might use to search for products or services that you offer.
Some examples of initial keywords for an online clothing store could be “women’s fashion,” “trendy outfits,” “affordable clothing,” etc.
Use A Keyword Research Tool
Once you have a list of initial keywords, you can use a keyword research tool to expand your list and find more relevant keywords.
Keyword research tools like Google Keyword Planner, Ahrefs, and SEMrush can help you to discover popular search terms related to your business.
These tools will also give you an idea of the search volume and competition for each keyword.
Steal Your Competitor’s Keywords
Another way to find relevant keywords is by analyzing your competitors’ websites. Look at the keywords they’re targeting and the content they’re creating.
You can use tools like Ahrefs or SEMrush to see what keywords your competitors are ranking for and what type of content is driving traffic to their website.
Use this information to create better content and target the same keywords.
4. Optimize Your Store Product Pages
Product pages are an essential part of your Shopify store.
They’re where customers land when they’re looking for a specific product.
Optimizing your product pages can help you to improve your search rankings and drive more traffic to your website.
Optimize Product Pages For Humans
When optimizing your product pages, you need to keep in mind that you’re optimizing them for humans, not just search engines.
Write compelling product descriptions that highlight the benefits of your products. Use high-quality images that show your products from different angles.
Make sure your product pages are easy to navigate, and customers can find the information they’re looking for quickly.
Optimize Products For Search Engines
While optimizing your product pages for humans, you also need to make sure that you’re optimizing them for search engines.
This involves using relevant keywords in your product titles, descriptions, and tags. Make sure your URLs are descriptive and include your target keywords.
Use alt tags for your images and include your target keywords in the file names.
5. Write Killer Content Marketing
Content marketing is a powerful way to attract more traffic to your website and improve your search rankings.
Create valuable content that answers your customers’ questions and provides them with solutions to their problems.
Use a mix of formats like blog posts, infographics, videos, etc., to keep your content fresh and engaging. Share your content on social media and other relevant platforms to attract more visitors to your website.
Choose The Right Content Framework
Choosing the right content framework is crucial for creating engaging and informative content that resonates with your target audience.
One popular framework is the “Problem-Agitate-Solve” (PAS) approach.
This involves identifying a problem that your audience is facing, agitating the problem by highlighting the negative consequences, and then offering a solution to the problem.
Other popular content frameworks include the “How-To” approach and the “Listicle” approach.
Create Amazing Content
Creating amazing content is all about providing value to your audience. Make sure your content is well-researched, informative, and engaging.
Use a mix of formats like text, images, and videos to keep your content interesting. Use a conversational tone and avoid using industry jargon that your audience might not understand.
6. Build High-Quality Links To Your Store
Link building is an essential part of SEO. Building high-quality links to your Shopify store can help to improve your search rankings and drive more traffic to your website.
One way to build links is by doing competitor analysis. Look at the backlinks of your competitors and see if you can get links from the same websites.
Reach out to relevant bloggers and influencers in your industry and ask them to link to your website.
7. Use Internal Links Intelligently
Internal linking is another important aspect of SEO.
Make sure you’re linking to relevant pages within your website. Use descriptive anchor text that includes your target keywords.
Don’t overdo it with internal links, as this can be seen as spam by search engines.
8. Pay Attention To Duplicate Content
Duplicate content can hurt your search rankings. Make sure you’re not using the same content on multiple pages of your website.
Use canonical tags to tell search engines which version of a page is the primary one.
Use robots.txt to block search engines from indexing duplicate content.
9. Use The Shopify SEO Tools & Apps
Shopify offers several SEO tools and apps that can help you to optimize your store for search engines.
Use the built-in SEO features like meta tags, alt tags, and canonical tags to improve your search rankings.
Use apps like SEO Image Optimizer and SEO Manager to automate some of the SEO tasks and get more insights into your website’s performance.
Should You Use Shopify To Build Your Ecommerce Site?
Shopify is a popular ecommerce platform that allows you to create and manage your online store.
It offers a range of features and tools to help you build and grow your business.
However, before you decide whether Shopify is the right choice for your ecommerce site, it’s important to consider the pros and cons.
Pros Of Shopify
- Easy to use: Shopify is user-friendly and easy to set up, even for those with little or no technical experience.
You can customize your store’s design using drag-and-drop tools, and manage your products and orders from a simple dashboard.
- Powerful features: Shopify offers a range of features to help you build and manage your online store.
This includes inventory management, shipping and tax settings, customer management, and marketing tools.
- Secure and reliable: Shopify is a secure and reliable platform that offers 24/7 customer support.
It also provides automatic backups and SSL encryption to protect your store and customer data.
- Mobile responsive: Shopify stores are mobile responsive, meaning that your site will look great on any device.
This is important, as more and more people are using their smartphones to shop online.
- Third-party integrations: Shopify integrates with a range of third-party apps and services, including payment gateways, shipping providers, and marketing tools.
This allows you to customize your store and add new features as you grow.
Cons Of Shopify
- Cost: While Shopify offers a range of pricing plans to suit different budgets, it can be expensive compared to other ecommerce platforms.
You’ll also need to pay transaction fees if you use a third-party payment gateway.
- Limited customization: While Shopify offers a range of design templates and customization options, it can be difficult to create a completely unique and personalized store. You may need to hire a developer to make more advanced change.
- Limited SEO options: Shopify offers some basic SEO features, but it’s not as flexible as some other platforms.
You may need to use third-party apps or hire an SEO expert to optimize your store for search engines.
- Limited blogging options: If you want to create a blog as part of your ecommerce site, Shopify’s blogging platform is limited compared to other platforms like WordPress.
- Data ownership: While Shopify offers a range of data analytics tools, you don’t own the data generated by your store.
This means that if you decide to move your store to a different platform, you may lose access to your data.
FAQs About SEO Experts Shopify
1. How much does SEO cost in Shopify?
The cost of SEO for your Shopify store will depend on the specific services you need.
Some Shopify SEO agencies may charge a flat fee for their services, while others may charge an hourly rate.
You can expect to pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars per month for professional SEO services.
2. Is Shopify any good for SEO?
Shopify is a good platform for SEO because it offers built-in SEO tools and apps that can help you optimize your store.
However, the effectiveness of your SEO efforts will depend on a variety of factors, including the quality of your content, the competitiveness of your industry, and the strength of your backlink profile.
3. How much do Shopify experts cost?
Shopify experts can range in price from a few hundred to several thousand dollars per project, depending on their level of experience and the complexity of the project.
You can find Shopify experts on freelance platforms, Shopify’s expert directory, or by reaching out to marketing agencies that specialize in Shopify SEO.
4. How do I become a Shopify SEO expert?
To become a Shopify SEO expert, you will need to have a strong understanding of SEO principles and how they apply to ecommerce websites.
You can gain this knowledge through online courses, reading industry blogs, and practicing on your own Shopify store or other ecommerce sites.
It’s also important to stay up-to-date with changes to search engine algorithms and best practices in the industry.
Final Thoughts About SEO Experts Shopify
Optimizing your ecommerce store for search engines is an essential part of growing your business, and Shopify offers many built-in tools and apps to help you do just that.
However, if you’re looking to take your SEO efforts to the next level, it may be worth investing in the services of a Shopify SEO expert.
Working with an expert can help you identify areas for improvement, implement best practices, and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes in the industry.
Whether you choose to hire a freelance expert or work with a marketing agency, be sure to do your research and choose someone with a strong track record of success and a deep understanding of Shopify SEO.